Entries

Tuesday, 18 January 2011

A quick note on booze and backpackers

A quick note on booze and “backpackers”!
Yes the booze in Vietnam is cheap, and some people (shout out to lester and rosa) might well think this is amazing. However, booze can ruin your day and at 30p a pint it might seem worth it, but from now on we are calming down on the beers specifically because of the nightmare hang overs. I don’t know if its the impurities in the brewing process or maybe just me getting old and haggered, but I cannot handle it out here! I don’t know how these “backpackers” handle it, maybe they just stay in all the next day and work off their wounds in the bar the next day, or maybe the intense drinking builds up their immunity: either way I can’t handle it. So in the interest of actually getting my moneys worth and seeing as much culture as possible I am definitely from now on not hanging out too much with the other supposed travellers (no offence jonny) – its like 24/7 Glastonbury for these fuckers and quite simply I’m too old for that crap and im spending a lot of money – I want to see something other than the inside of the bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment